Aran Knitting Wool Slate Tweed is produced from lowland wools including Irish fleece. It is selected for different qualities including fibre length, colour, crimp and micron . This is to guarantee consistent good quality product.
Our quality and source guarantee:
We are happy to guarantee that our Aran knitting wool is 100% made by us, at our family run business, Kerry Woollen Mills, located near Killarney, Ireland. First we dye the fleece, then blend and card it before spinning and plying it. The wool is washed after hanking to give a softer and fuller handle. Typically the fleck/tweed yarns have a recipe of over 10-15 different colourways. Irish Aran knitting yarns are ideal for creating your authentic Aran sweater, scarves and hats.
Certified: 100% Pure New Wool, made in Ireland
Sold in 200 gm hanks (365 yards approx), 3 ply yarn
Some Aran stitch descriptions and their meanings to design and reflect your own story:
- Cable Stitch – most common, reflecting the luck of the Irish
- Diamond Stitch – symbolises wealth and wellbeing
- Tree of Life Stitch – represents family and heritage
- Ladder of life – symbolises health and your path of life
- Honeycomb Stitch – represents work and effort
- Trellis Stitch – represents success (to date and to come)
- Zag Zig Stitch – entwining love and promises
- Moss Stitch – reflecting nature and the tapestry island fields
- Trinity/Blackberry Stitch – represents God